There have been whispers in the media lately (and by “media” I mean the LTR comments) of the uncanny similarities between you and the late, great and very handsome James Dean:
- First there’s this picture (minus the Rob Porn) where you were clearly going for the whole “Rebel without a cause” look (and by “you” I mean your stylist- no one is fooled, Robbie. We know you don’t dress yourself. Cuz when you do, you look homeless very handsome)
- Secondly, and I’m not reaching here, James Dean is buried in Fairmount, Indiana (the beautiful bustling town near the metropolis of Matthews, IN) which is 10 miles from where I started my college days in Upland, IN (the town is as awesome as it sounds). Fairmount is right off I-69 (that’s what she said) and there’s a sign that was along my drive from I-69 to Upland noting that Fairmount was your hometown and burial place. Also I used to get late night, gas station pizza off that I-69 exit. You’re not seeing the connection? James Dean is buried 10 miles from where I went to college, and I write blog about you, duh.
- Thirdly, according to the great and always accurate source, Wikipedia, there is some question of Dean’s sexual orientation as he liked to gallivant around with lots of women AND men. Now I personally know you are NOT into dudes in any way, but you rocked a kick-ass bi-sexual in Little Ashes and you KNOW someday someone is going to write your biography and accuse you and TomStu of getting it on in his flat one drunken evening…
- Forth, James Dean? You play a vampire Edward who fights a vampire James… coincidence? I think not…
- Lastly, if James were alive today (or more like, if I had been alive in 1955), Moon & I would have clearly started a letterstodean.com website where all the Doris’, Helen’s & Betty’s (the LTD girls, if you will) could confess their love to James. Although, silly me, the world wide web wasn’t around then, so it probably would’ve been more like… I dunno literal letters delivered by … morse code? How do you say “fake lesbian” in morse…?
By now, I know you’re probably pretty convinced of how similar you are to James Dean, but just in case you still have doubt, two great LTR ladies, Soccermom and IfOnly have made us a video as further proof to your Dean-likeness
Oh, and one more thing? Just because we think you are similar to James Dean in many ways doesn’t mean we want you to be. I mean, you are turning 23. James died at 23. So, as Edward would say… Be Safe. Don’t drive a fast car. Don’t drive that clunker BMW of yours/Nikki’s either. How about you don’t drive at all? But definitely don’t walk- and don’t hitchhike… how about you just stay indoors for the year? You can stay with me… We’ll find something to do…
Thanks again SO much to ifOnly and Soccermom for this great vid!
Update: LTT & LTR were mentioned (along w/ some of our other fav blogs) in the Greek version of Glamour mag. Weird? Crazy? Awesome! Whatever.. we love it! LTT/LTR mention in Greek Glamour