Moon & I were chatting with our friend Ashley about the recent pictures & videos of Rob in Budapest & we were STRUCK with the realization that there seem to be more than 1 picture of American gals with Rob. Now, don’t get me wrong- I bet Budapest is REALLY GREAT and all (I just had to google it to verify it was in Hungary #geographyfail), but it’s not the first place you think of when you think of an American & a get-away. So do you know what that means? That means that people are GOING to Budapest specifically for Rob. So we thought it might be time to educate the masses, once again, on what is normal & what is NOT normal regarding Rob. Ashley brings us this PSA today!
Sometimes I feel sorry for you. Other times I don’t. You’re ridiculously famous and every 13 year old in the country (and 25 year old. and 45 year old etc. etc.) knows who you are. Being that famous I’m sure you run into ridiculous situations. Paparazzi are in your face. People are sending you love letters, gifts, and making a number of giant body pillows and blow-up dolls in your likeness (or semi-likeness). These are all tame “normal” things, but how far is too far with fandom? I’ll let you be the judge.
What is considered “Normal?” and “How far is too far?”
Things that are ok to think:
1. Rob is hot.
2. Rob as Edward, the fictional vampire, is unbelievably hot.
3. You can create a blog or website about Rob for other fans to vent and discuss Rob’s hotness.
4. You can post tons of pictures with “Rob porn” all over them to make Rob seem hotter.
5. You can go to Forks to visit the spot where Twilight first started. It’s so magical to go to the place where the series was created, right? Visit the Hoh rainforest. Eat at Bella Italia. Take a picture next to Bella’s truck. Visit the Cullen house.
Things that are not ok to think:
1. Think you can go to Budapest spur ‘o the moment to find Rob.
2. Think you’re going to find Rob in all of Budapest.
3. Buy your plane ticket that literally says “Budapest flight 788” on it.
4. Your ticket actually says “Budapest flight 788 leaving from normalcy to CRAZYTOWN aka Budapest”
5. Get to Budapest and realize…”OH CRAP. I just flew to Budapest to find Robert Pattinson.”
6. At this point, if you don’t realize you’re clinically insane…then someone needs to intervene.
7. Look for Rob in Budapest. “Robbbbb…where are you? Behind the elephant? I know it needs water…where could you be?”
8. FIND Rob in the MIDDLE of a field dressed in his period piece clothing and ASK in your AMERICAN accent for a photo.
If you left normalcy and went to crazytown, here’s the scenario that happened to you as played out in my head:
Rob: Hi, wow…you’re from America? What brought you to Budapest?
Girl1: *stutter* *trip* *blink* Uhmmmm….well….we came here to see y…<GIRL2 elbows GIRL1>
Girl2: We’re sisters and our dad is on a business trip.
Rob: Funny, you don’t look anything alike.
Girl1: *stutter* I…I…look like my mom.
Rob: What’s your dad doing here for business?
(Girl2 and Girl1 at the same time)
Girl1:Vampire historical research/Girl2: Curating the crown jewels..
(Girl2 elbows Girl1) OWW…*mumbles* DO your research.
Girls: CAN we please take a picture with you?
Rob: Sure…(Rob stands up straight and tall and as stuffy-looking as possible)
Rob: Hmm……………..alright then. Nice…to meet you both?
Girls: *WAVE* BYE Rob…bye! Bye! Good luck…thanks! Bye again!
Girl2 to Girl1: WE CAME ALL THE WAY FROM THE UNITED STATES..just for THAT?
Girl1: Yeah. It was totally worth it.
Girl2: What do we do now?
You might think I’m on my high-horse again because I’m talking down about the fandom, and Rob, I’m sorry. You didn’t sign up for this, but at least you have a remarkable story to tell your plaid-clothed shaggy-haired grandchildren someday about the time you were filming a movie in Budapest and some young American girls flew all that way across the entire Atlantic Ocean just to see your face for 5 minutes out of their day. You made their entire lifetime, and a killer story.
With love, (don’t hate me),
Um, thanks Ash for reminding us what is creepy vs. not as creepy. Anyone notice anything lately that is NOT NORMAL when it comes to Rob!?
TODAY on The Forum, the 3rd round of The Biggest Loser starts! Wanna get in shape? START TODAY!!!