Remember when we said “if we blog it you will come?” Yea, well you were listening cause obviously you pay a lot of attention to what UC and I say every day and you showed your face! After almost a month you’ve finally come out of whatever hole you’ve been hiding in and decided to grace us with your presence. Sure, you had to leave your hotel to actually go to the airport and get on a plane but I like to think it’s because we asked you to reveal yourself and you listened. Even though you were sullen and surly looking I still looked at the pictures and longed for “old” Rob. Sullen Rob just makes me angry (ask UC, I told her I’d rather stay in my Chris Weitz bubble than look at you all sad-like). But after looking at Sunday’s pictures of you arriving in Japan, all smiles, it hit me. Your proximity to KStew and the paparazzi are directly proportional to the smile on your face.
I was talking with UC on the phone and I said can you imagine getting off a 15+hr flight, feeling all gross from the plane and knowing you’re going to face INSANE crowds, have pictures and flashes going off and yet YOU WERE SMILING!!! If there was ever a time to be sullen and annoyed it would have been today in Japan! But you weren’t! Instead you were all annoyed looking leaving Vancouver for a 4 hour flight back to LA with KStew where you were not greeted by HALF the frenzy you were in Japan. So I was thinking it must be the KStew connection. For this trip you are flying with your team Nick and Stephanie (good to see you all back!) and director Chris Weitz (and his man purse) and no 19 yr old. What did you guys do on that long ass flight that made you so smiley when you got off compared to the little Vancouver flight?
Vancouver to LAX
- Mile high club initiation gone bad. You ended up with with the faucet up your ass and the flight attendant knocked on the door wondering what all the racket was
- The peanuts were salted not dry roasted
- You were late to catch the flight and missed that cute little video about buckling your seat belts
- You lost your favorite plaid shirt AND Lobster hat somewhere in your hotel room and after 3 days of searching still couldn’t find it and it was time to leave
- Kristen talked to the guy in the window seat about cats for 4 hours. She was on the aisle and you were stuck in the middle. (This might be one of the 7 layers of Hell)
- You were NOT on the cover of this airlines inflight magazine
- You checked and Skymall no longer sells that Hot Dog vender cart
- There was no inflight movie just 2 episodes of “Everybody Loves Raymond” and you hate to say it but everybody does NOT love Raymond
So what happened on that Japan flight that made you so smiley?
Follow the cut to find out!
LAX to Japan
You guys had an intense double elimination tourney pairing you and Stephanie against Nick and Chris in a winner takes all card game tournament. You KILLED it on the Solitaire and Speed rounds. Chris gave you a run for the money in Old Maid. It was a close call but you and Stephanie won when she called Nick’s bluff in BS. Chris and Nick now have to karaoke duet on “Islands in the Stream” and “Total Eclipse of the Heart” as payment for losing
- You were high on the legal dosage limit of Ambien and Dramamine. Nick and Stephanie told you that if you get off the plane 1000 Tom Stu’s would be waiting for you with open arms and a carton of Parliments
- Chris showed you test footage from that foreign exchange student scene in American Pie that got cut. You then spent the rest of the flight begging Stephanie and Nick to ask Summit to recast Shannon Elizabeth as Bella
- The peanuts were DRY ROASTED this time
- The inflight movies were Debbie Does Japan and A Night at the Roxbury
So whether or not it was your traveling companions, the peanuts or the inflight movies something’s different about you in Japan and I LOVE IT! If you’ve got a free moment between Karaoke, press and shopping for Hello Kitty stuff for me you might take that “Are you in a Toxic Relationship” quiz I sent you, otherwise just keep on smiling cause as Ms Clariee says “Smile, it increases your face value!”
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto!
PS Bring it on TammyO and the haters, I can take it.
So what do you all think? Why’s he appear to be in a good mood now and for the last few months has been a sad little baby? Is everyone just glad to see Rob back?
Pictures: Robsessed and OK Mag