You know in the beginning of a relationship when everything is fresh & new and you want to learn everything about a person? And when every look and every touch gives you that feeling in your stomach that can only be described as “the butterflies?”
Yeah, I don’t feel that with you anymore.
I think we’ve lost the spark. And it’s not a coincidence that you were “Forgettable” at the VMAs. That doesn’t mean I’ve given up on us. It just means that I’m feeling a little stuck. I feel we’ve come to that point in our relationship where something has to change- we’re at a crossroads. We can either call this what it was (a mildly obsessive 26-year old writing letters to you) and move on or push through the hard times and get to the next level. I am committed to us and to getting through this hump and moving on to whatever is next (which I hope will also include some sort of ‘hump’). Are you?
That’s not to say that it won’t take work. But I’m determined to get the butterflies back for you. Here is my plan:
- Today I’m going to start reading the Twilight saga again. On second thought, that might just help bring back my spark for Edward, not you. Oh whatever, it can’t hurt. Plus there’s a couple other things I need to do this week- you’re not the only thing- might as well write them down here too.
- After I finish the books, I will watch Twilight, the movie, again. I will watch it alone. I will fast forward through all the parts except those you star in. I will not stop to laugh at Buttcrack Santa. I will focus on you and only you, as Edward and mute the sound when you say “Hello I’m Edward Cullen,” so I can see your face without hearing your weird voice in that scene.
- I need to pick up papertowels and some mouthwash at Target. Yes, this has nothing to do with you, but at least you know my mouth is minty fresh & my kitchen counters are clean.
- I will watch every single dorkalicious moment you had during the Twilight press call interviews & TV appearances last fall & this past winter. In fact, I will go into Rob overload and watch the movie, then watch all your interviews and do nothing else- just like I did after seeing you last November in the theater for the first time. My husband may also leave me, but that’s besides the point. Minor details. We’ll work it out.
- I will pull out my ROB-Q (GQ) magazine from underneath my bed and lightly caress the cover. I’ll trace the outline of your face, your lips- your eyes, and when I’m ready, slowly open to your photo-spread. I’ll close my eyes, sit back with the magazine draped across my breast and remember my first time- our first time. It’ll be like seeing Urban Cowboy Rob for the first time.
- I will borrow a plaid shirt from Moon and wear it to an important function without washing it. I’m going to a cocktail party fundraiser next Saturday night. Do you think that’s an appropriate venue to rock the flannel?
- And when all else fails, I will watch the latest video by the amazing PetitBiel. Cuz Robbie, if this doesn’t bring back the spark, I’m not sure anything will:
sercret msg to rob
Um… wow…. I think another 3-4 views of that video & the butterflies might be back for good! Can PetitBiel be in our wedding? She’d look great in flannel standing up in the front next to Moon!
Bring back that lovin’ feeling now it’s gone, gone gone….
Have you lost the spark with Rob?? What IS it? Is it because he’s been in hiding and/or he looks pale & sickly when he shows his face? Discuss!