I don’ t know if you heard, but on Tuesday I celebrated my 3 year wedding anniversary with Mr. Choice. Oh stop it- unplug your ears. I know it’s so hard for you to hear about me with another man, but to be fair, he was in my life before you were. Actually, funny story- I was first introduced to you on my honeymoon- so 3 years ago this week! The resort we stayed at had DVDs we could rent, and one night we rented Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (What? You can only have so much sex on a honeymoon…sometimes you just need to relax with a little magical adventure about a 13 year old boy)
Anyway, he’s a pretty great guy. I mean he does allow me to have this obsession with you…This year is my year to plan our anniversary get-away. I’m taking us to the Big Apple! It’s only about a 2 hour train ride away, and since we’re trying to save money, we’re going to stay with one of my best friends- she’s busy all weekend and is giving us a key to come and go.
Coincidentally you are said to be in New York at this very minute.* Hmm.. how convenient… I’ve already got gawker-stalker set up on my phone so that I can be notified immediately when you’re spotted somewhere. It’ll all be part of my anniversary surprises for Mr. Choice. We’ll head uptown and he’ll assume we’re going to MOMA, but after I get notified that you’re near Union Square, we’ll hop on a different subway and head towards the village. He’ll think it’s a game- to confuse him with more anniversary surprises! He’ll never know! (well, unless he looks through the pictures he thinks I took of him modeling his new jacket in Union Square Park and notices they are off center or he’s barely in them, and they are zoomed in on a familiar-looking British guy about 20 feet behind him….)
We gotta be sneaky about this, after all… It is my anniversary, and I promised I wouldn’t blog or mention the words: Rob or Pattinson (or twilight, new moon, moon, the quad, robsten sucks, that’s normal, summit, ‘a friend I met online,’ vampire, young adult fiction, the blog- gosh.. what are we gonna talk about?) the entire weekend. Here are some suggestions I came up with so that we can see each other without hurting Mr. Choice’s feelings or ruining our anniversary.
- You could be a hot dog vendor. I’d even eat one, despite being a vegetarian. Plus you’d look adorable in the vendor apron
- You could coincidentally be crashing on the couch at my friend’s apartment. She always has random friends or friends staying at her place- it isn’t unusual to see a hot, famous British actor on her couch from time to time.
- Since you’re staying over, late one night I’ll liquor up Mr. Choice & suggest we watch “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” to help us reminisce our honeymoon. He’ll be so drunk & tired from me dragging his ass all over town, trying to find you, that he won’t notice if suddenly “Cedric” is no longer on the screen but snuggling up next to us.
- Commandeer a cab for the weekend and magically show up at every location I tell you to. In front of the MOMA, in rush hour Times Square Traffic or in random alley ways. Each time, try out a different accent (and maybe even a mustache?) to trick Mr. Choice. You could try Russian, Indian, British (easy!) and even James Dean!
Late at night, after Mr. Choice is long asleep, you and I can rendezvous in the Meat Packing District. (Wait for it…) That’s what she said!
Can’t wait to see you,
*As I’m penning this masterpiece, rumors are circulating that you are no longer in NYC, but there is no proof. And little do they know that you ARE there, just in hiding, waiting for me.
Just to clarify, I made our anniversary plans weeks ago.. It truly is pure coincidence if we end up inviting Rob to our anniversary dinner at Tavern on the Green
I feel silly from all the birthday love yesterday. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to Moon & The Quad & the forum mods and ALL of you who left the loveliest comments. XOXO
Friday Task List:
- Go visit the forum. Rob’s flat is always fun. Are you pro-Robsten? Anti-Robsten? There’s something for everyone!
- Go see what Moon has cooked up over on LTT
- Vote for us! See how we’re the Top Twilight Site & Blog at #27? Clicking on that will make us more popular on those sites. When you’re there do you see the little graph under our icon? Clicking on that will bring you here and you can rate us (it defaults to 3 out of 5- so change that to 5 out of 5- you know you wanna!) Repeat the steps for LTT!
- Check out Bella’s Jacket. You see it up there. You want it. Go look. (Plus they pay us to be there & they’ll be happy with us AND you if you look)
- Hug a kitten. Or fine. A dog if you like those. No pets? Kiss a picture of your favorite vampire.